These indulgent chocolate, chocolate chip muffins are a perfect treat for any time of the year. Whether complimented with tea of coffee or a cold glass of milk these muffins warm the senses and give true meaning to homemade bakes.
Ingredients you will need… (makes 1 dozen)
6 (1 ounce) of squares semisweet Chocolate
1/3 cup of unsalted Butter
3/4 cup of Buttermilk
1/2 cup of White Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
1 2/3 cups of all-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1 cup of mini semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
How to make…
- Preheat the oven to 400F/205C. Line 12 muffin cups with papers.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the semisweet chocolate together with the butter. Let stand until cooled, about 10 minutes.
- Lightly beat the egg. In a small bowl, stir together the chocolate-butter mixture with the buttermilk, sugar, egg, and vanilla, until blended well.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, soda, and salt. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in the chocolate mixture, and stir until just combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove muffin tin from oven and let stand at least 5 minutes, before removing the muffins and letting them cool on a wire rack.
- Either serve warm or cool these muffins will not disappoint. Enjoy!