Bee’s homemade chocolate covered flapjacks are infused with banana, walnut and honey. These wonderful homemade bakes are the perfect indulgent snack for any time of the day. Why not try out our recipe and send us your photos! We will post our followers pictures in upcoming posts and any feedback is welcomed. Happy baking!
4 oz / 100g of Butter
4 oz / 100g of Brown Sugar
2 tbsp of Golden Syrup
2 tbsp of Honey
½ tsp of Salt
7 oz / 175g of Porridge Oats
2 mashed very ripe Bananas
4 oz / 100g of Chopped Walnuts
7 – 8 oz /200g of milk/dark Chocolate
How to make…
- Preheat the oven to gas 5/190c/375F. Grease and line a small square tin, roughly 8 x 8.
- Put the butter, golden syrup, honey, sugar, and salt into a microwavable bowl, microwave on full power for 1 minute or until everything has melted (alternatively use a saucepan on a gentle heat). Stir.
- To the mixture add the oats, mashed bananas and chopped walnuts. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased tin and bake for around 25 – 30 minutes, it should still feel slightly soft when pressed.
- When the flapjack is cooked set it aside to cool. Meanwhile melt the chocolate in either in the microwave or in a bowl above a pan of simmering water.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cooled flapjack and leave everything to cool, ideally overnight. Do not remove it from the tin while it is still hot as it will fall to pieces.
- When cooled cut into squares and enjoy!