This simple recipe is perfect for any occasion, each fairy cake can be customised to your individual taste or that of your guests through the addition of ingredients such as chocolate chips and fun yummy icing. This recipe is also perfect to try out substituting egg for dietary requirements or personal taste as mentioned in our previous post.
Ingredients you will need…
175g/6 tablespoons of Self Raising Flour
125g/4 tablespoons of Caster Sugar
125g of Margarine (half a block)
2 tablespoons of cold Water
How to make…
- Ensure oven is fully preheated to 200°C, Gas 6.
- Then put bun paper cases into bun tins.
- Put the flour, sugar, margarine, eggs or egg substitute and water into a bowl. Beat all the ingredients together with an electric mixer or wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- Put heaped teaspoons of the mixture into each bun case.
- Place in the oven on the top shelf and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire tray.
- Now the fun part. Decorate the fairy cakes as you see fit! We recommend using chocolate spread and covering with sweets or fruit depending on the occasion. Enjoy!